CALIFORNIA WOMEN FOR AGRICULTURE
In the fall of 2019, the Imperial Valley California Women for Agriculture (IVCWA) was reestablished.
IVCWA's mission is to educate and promote awareness of California agriculture and we are pleased to offer a scholarship program. There is no age restriction for the scholarship, nor is it based upon financial need. The monetary amount of the scholarships awarded may vary depending on IVCWA annual resources and applicant pool. Winners will be announced in May 2023 for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Requirements for the Women Pursuing Degrees in Agriculture Scholarship
Must be a female resident or high school graduate from Imperial County.
1) Must be pursuing a bachelor’s degree, an associate’s degree, or a degree from an accredited trade school in agriculture or related subject area with the intention to pursue a career within the agriculture industry. This
scholarship is only for undergraduate degrees and trade schools.
2) If applicant is in high school when applying, they must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
3) If the applicant is enrolled in a college or trade school when applying, they must have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher.
4) While not a requirement, applicants are encouraged to also demonstrate financial need, scholastic ability,
achievements and community service preferably in agriculture-related activities. Additionally, if an applicant's parent(s) are employed in an agriculture related field of work, please also note in your application.
5) Finalists must be available to participate in an interview with the IVCWA Scholarship Committee to discuss
questions related to California agriculture during the latter part of April. The student(s) selected to receive the
scholarship(s) will be notified in May.
6) Proof of enrollment or work in progress and verification of units will be necessary prior to receiving the award for the 2023 - 2024 academic year. All funds will be distributed directly to the school and the recipient must provide IVCWA the required information within one year of the scholarship award notification.